- Manage the reviews submitted through Review Talk Talk. You can use these features to view and manage each review, or even restore deleted reviews.
■ Search field
Set as best review
- Select the best reviews and pin them to the top by clicking the review title preview in the [Review] column.
- (1) After clicking on the preview, a pop-up will open with the review details.
- (2) Scroll down until you see the [Set as best review] button. Click the button, then close the pop-up.
Points issuance status
- (3) Best reviews will be pinned at the top of the review list with a "Best" icon in the product details page.
- Choose to either view issued points or pending points.
■ List of reviews
- You can view the details on point deductions per status. Reviews that need point deductions will be marked in yellow.
- (1) Issued points: Shows you that you can deduct (recapture) points.
Example of points issuance:
- (2) Points awaiting issuance: The amount of points awaiting issuance will automatically be changed to 0.
- Once points are deducted/recaptured, the yellow alert column will disappear.
- For points that have already been issued, you must deduct/recapture points to be able to make bulk actions.
Points issuance log
- You can check the reason for recapturing points in the page related to issuing/recapturing points.
Bulk reply with random comments
- Check the points issuance log (history) from the past month for the relevant review. Note that the log only contains details related to points issued through Review Talk Talk.
- You can reply to reviews in bulk by using the same comment with [Bulk reply] or by using random frequently used comments with [Bulk reply with random comments].
- To reply using random frequently used comments, select the reviews to which you want to reply and click [Bulk reply with random comments].
- Make sure that you have saved a random comment in [Frequently used comments].
- While comments are restored together with reviews, you cannot only restore comments left on a review.
- Please be aware that customers may complain if you restore a review or comment that they had deleted.