Import customer data in bulk via CSV by entering the customer data in the CSV template file in a structured format as specified below.
Download CSV template
Download the CSV template and complete it with relevant information. Save the template as a CSV file to import successfully.
All imported customer information is saved as a unique information in the database, therefore it is impossible to sign up or import the same ID even if it is for the deleted account.
When you test file uploading, use test data instead of the actual customer information from your store.
1) Download the template and complete it with relevant information as given examples.
(1) The first and the last column must be A and AN.
(2) The second row is for the column names and you can enter information from the third row.
(3) File must be saved as CSV.
(4) Be aware that any unnecessary blank (spacing) will may cause errors.
2) You must follow the following rules.
(1) Any information against the rule will not be imported.
(2) ID: Enter a combination of lowercase letters and numbers (4-16 characters).
(3) Password: Enter a combination of lowercase letters and numbers (4-16 characters).
(4) Answer for security question: Enter a combination of alphabet letters and numbers (20 characters or less) or Korean characters (10 or less).
(5) If you leave the security question and answer blank, the default question will be “What is the object you treasure the most?” and the default answer will be the “Customer’s name.” • Only applicable to Korean store.
(6) Postal code: If a postal code starts with “0,” enter it without “0.”
(7) Account types (G: General accounts/C: Corporate accounts/F: Foreigner accounts) • Only applicable to Korean store.
(8) Enter “Male” or “Female” for gender.
(9) Account creation date: You can enter the date in both forms of 10-10-2004 or “10-10-2004.”
However, the date format may change if you delete the double quotation marks. Change the cell style as User defined and select mm-dd-yyyy.
(10) Enter available points only for points. (You can only enter points for Korean store.)
(11) Mobile number must include hyphen (-).
3) You must follow the following rules for address.
(1) Country : Enter a three-letter alphabet code in the option value.
(2) Address consists of City, State/Province, Address 1, and Address 2. Follow the examples given in the template for accurate delivery.
(3) Phone number: You must enter the complete phone number including the country codes. (e.g. 1-212-345-6789 for the US phone number)
(3) Mobile number: You must enter the complete phone number including the country codes. (e.g. 1-212-345-6789 for the US phone number)
You cannot import an ID that is identical to the existing ID.
In this case, edit ID and try again.
1) You can enter just numbers for option values with numbers. (e.g. Enter only 1 for Student for Occupation.)
2) If multiple answers are available, a colon (:) can be used to separate two or more numbers. (e.g. Enter 10:14 for Sports and Parenting.)
3) If the information is optional, you can leave the cell blank.